It’s important to take care of yourself. There are a range of different support services that you may wish to contact.

Report + Support
If you make a named report here, our Intercultural & Anti-Discrimination Adviser can meet with you online or in person to discuss your support needs and provide signposting to other services, including the Student Conduct team, Security and the Police.

If you choose to report anonymously, that's ok too. We want to know what is happening to students on campus and in the city. Your report will inform us of this.

Code of Student Conduct & University complaints
If you have experienced unacceptable behaviour from a student of the University and you want to ask the University to consider taking action against a student under the Code of Student Conduct, please see here.

The Advice Place
The Advice Place is run by the Student's Association and is a third party crime reporting site. If you are a victim of a crime, they can support you. Please see here for more information.

Your School or Deanery
You may feel most comfortable reporting to someone you know in your academic area. Please do so, and they can reach out to us on your behalf for further guidance.

The University of Edinburgh Security Section provides a 24-hour service across the University estate on every day of the year.  Crime Prevention Officers engage with students and staff to inform them about preventing or in the aftermath of a crime. Please call them on 0131 650 2257.

Police Scotland
You can call 999 in an emergency to speak to Police or 101 for non-emergencies.
If not an emergency, but you wish to report something, you can report online

You can pass information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers. Call 0800 555 111 (free) or go to  Independent UK charity taking crime information anonymously | Crimestoppers ( 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened